Media liaison and public information
- We issue press releases to inform the media and the public of Government policies, plans, decisions, activities and services.
- Press releases are distributed via the Internet and a dedicated media network simultaneously, providing speedy access to news for the media and public.
- We host live webcasts of major Government announcements.
- We handle the logistics of media coverage of Government events.
- Our newsroom operates 24/7 to serve the information needs of the media
- We activate a communications hub during typhoons, large-scale events or major emergencies to ensure the public and media are well informed round-the-clock.
Digital news and social media
- Our online news channel news.gov.hk provides a comprehensive multi-media account of government news, policies, issues and insights.
- News.gov.hk and its social media platforms cover daily news items and general interest feature stories.
Taking the public pulse
- We monitor and assess local and international news coverage on Hong Kong to help Government leaders, policy bureaus and departments better understand public and media sentiment on the issues of the day.