This web page provides an update of the Information Services Department's performance pledge for the services it offers to the public together with our performance results.
If you have any comment or suggestion regarding our
services, you are welcome to approach our staff, whose telephone numbers are listed in this web page.
To be an outstanding Government news
and communications agency that pursues professional excellence.
To provide professional PR advice and
promote Government policies and services with a view to projecting an accurate image of the city within and outside Hong Kong.
The Department is pleased to report that we have been able to achieve all the targets set out in the seventh pledge.
This performance pledge covers the following services:
- issue of press releases and press photos
- dealing with enquiries from the media
- arranging media facilities such as press briefings, conferences, interviews and media visits
- assistance to Hong Kong-based Mainland and foreign media, visiting journalists and film crews
- sale of publications and digital photos
- distribution of free publications and leaflets
- dissemination of information on the department's home page and the Government e-bulletin (www.news.gov.hk)
Performance Standards and Targets
We aim to provide prompt, efficient and, where possible, improved services to the media and the public.
Issue of press releases and press photos
All press releases and photos are issued to the media via the internet. Journalists have quick and easy access to the archives round the clock.
Dealing with enquiries from the
Enquiries will be answered immediately
by the Duty Officers. When an answer is
not readily available, the Duty Officers
will endeavour to reply on the same day
unless research for the requested
information requires more time.
Arranging media facilities
When the Department is requested
to arrange media facilities, an officer
will contact the journalist or media
organisation within one working day of
receipt of the request and will follow
the matter through.
Assistance to Hong Kong-based
Mainland and foreign media, visiting journalists and film crews
When the Department is approached for assistance, an officer will be assigned to handle the request. The journalist/organisation will be contacted within one working day of receipt of the request.
Uploading information onto ISD home page
- Major press releases will be uploaded onto the Government web site at the same time they are issued to the media.
- Information on new publications will be renewed once a week.